Having achieved community managed library status we now have to be self-financing. We are very grateful to Long Buckby Parish Council who have agreed to pay for the annual lease costs but we otherwise have to find the funds to keep Buckby Library & Hub open. These include, for example, heat and light, insurance, legal fees, website, wifi and email costs, repairs and renewals, training and so on. We want to expand the activities on offer and encourage more visitors from surrounding parishes and to do so we need support.
Please help! You can give one-off, regular or annual donations by standing order through your bank, building society or post office.
Our Bank Details
Bank Name: Lloyds Bank
Account name: Buckby Library & Hub
Sort Code: 30-90-09
Account Number: 50850268
Ways of Donating
- By Cheque: Please make cheques payable to Buckby Library & Hub. Please pop in an envelope addressed to Jo Watson, Treasurer and hand it to a volunteer in the Library, pop through the Library letterbox or by post to Jo Watson, Treasurer, Buckby Library & Hub, Long Buckby Library, Station Road, NN6 7QB
- By Bacs: Pay directly into our account as per details above
- Cash: Pop into the Library and hand to a volunteer. If you are a tax payer please ask for a Gift Aid form so that we can claim a further 25% on your donation from HMRC. See below
- Via our Website: We hope to be introducing a Donation button on our website
- Events: Look out for fundraising events happening at the library and around the village
- Gifts: If you have something that you feel would make a great raffle prize for one of our events please contact one of our volunteers or trustees – please see our contact page
- Skills & Expertise: Do you have skills that might benefit us and save us money? Could you donate some of your time and expertise when we need help? This could be anything from fundraising, legal and planning advice, electrical and building maintenance work to HR, GDPR or training skills for example
- Books: We sell donated books [in good condition] at the Library and hold big book sales – please pop into the Library or contact one of the Trustees – please see our contact page
- Donate in Memory: Make a donation in memory of a loved one and make a positive difference to Long Buckby
- Legacy Giving: Naturally your first priority is taking care of your family and loved ones but leaving a gift in your Will is also a wonderful way to provide for causes and places you love. And your gift is more than a donation: it is part of the legacy you’ll leave to future generations in your local community. Free confidential information and advice regarding Wills can be found at Citizens Advice https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/death-and-wills/wills/
- Gift Aid: We can claim a further 25% on your donation if you are a tax payer and have paid at least the equivalent of the 25% within a tax year. We will ask you to sign a Gift Aid declaration form.
If you would like confirmation of receipt of your donation please email email@example.com
Please Note: If for any reason we are unable to continue running Buckby Library and hub, all remaining donations will be shared between Buckby Feast, the Community Centre and the Air Ambulance for the benefit of the whole community.