If you are visiting our building please note:
- We are on one level and therefore wheelchair accessible, with no steps or ramps.
- We do have toilet facilities but the toilet cannot at present take wheelchairs (except the folding variety). It is possible to access the facilities with a Zimmer frame or other walker. We have made great progress with our building project which will add a fully wheelchair accessible toilet and widen the back door to allow direct access to our garden. We hope to complete this project in the Spring of 2023. Until then there are fully accessible public toilets on the opposite corner of the Market Square and we have a radar key available.
- An Induction Loop System is available to assist hearing aid users with the T position. We also have a portable hearing loop at our reception desk and one that can be taken to any part of the building to be used in one to one or very small group situations. For events we can offer a lapel mic to speakers which connects to the induction loop to aid attendees who have the T position..
- Parking is available next to the building on a first come first served basis. Please also see below.
- We have an accessible courtyard garden with a gazebo shelter.
- We have a small refreshments area available.
- Dogs are not allowed within the building unless they are assistance dogs.
- Whilst visiting restrictions have been relaxed we currently kindly ask you to not visit if you are experiencing Covid symptoms or have a positive Covid result.
- If you are not already a Library member please join up when you visit us, we have target numbers each year and by joining you will help us demonstrate why we should be here. It’s quick and easy!