Volunteering gives you a chance to meet new people and do something worthwhile and interesting with your spare time, whether that is an hour or two a week or over a month.
There are many reasons for becoming a volunteer, for example:
- To build on your existing skills and learn new ones
- To make new friends
- To increase/become more involved in, and knowledgeable about, your local community
- To increase your own self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- To make a difference to your local community
There is a diverse array of activities available where you can support us, for example:
- Staffing the book lending “library” arm of our community managed library & hub (no experience necessary)
- Staffing refreshments during a morning, 10am to 12pm
- Delivering Rhymetime sessions and school holiday activities for young ones
- Organising and/or assisting with fundraising events
- Organising and/or assisting with venue bookings
- Helping with the upkeep (gardening) of our outdoor spaces
- Being part of our library management committees, project development teams
- Becoming a Trustee to help develop and secure our future
- Finance and Charity admin support
Formal (leading to qualifications) and informal training is provided for all volunteers.
The more people who become involved, the more we can offer and the more ideas we will have, all of which will help with our development and ensure our presence in the heart of Long Buckby for the future.
It’s fun – come on in!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the library to chat to Sam.