Here are some ideas that we will be exploring as we grow and develop Buckby Library & Hub as we aim to become a vital part of what Long Buckby has to offer our community and visitors. Also we would really like to hear what you think about our progress so far and what you would like to see from us in the future.
What do you think? What ideas do you have?
- Liaison with the Reading Agency for provision of Bookstart, Summer Reading Challenge and other schemes
- Computer training
- More events such as speakers, book signings, shows, performances, discussions, twinning events
- Small refreshments corner and social space with improved kitchen facilities
- More clubs for all ages: such as Lego, Jigsaws, Mah Jong, Dominoes, Bridge, Scrabble
- Counselling service for wellbeing for adolescents
- Adult learning and skills opportunities onsite (please also see our Learning Opportunities page)
- A Newsletter for sharing information about village activities
- A welcoming environment and activities for people in the early stages of dementia
- Art exhibitions by local artists
- Links with Long Buckby Surgery for talks and drop in sessions on health issues (please also see our Help and Support Links page)
- Links with the Co-op community liaison, the Post Office and a Parcel Service
- Links with the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and Buckby Angels
- Licences for evening events
- Improvements to the building, gardens and car park, including a new fixed gazebo in the courtyard garden and redevelopment of the market square garden and noticeboard
- Additional space for buggies
- Fully accessible toilet facilities
- Monthly farmers/local businesses market in our car park
- Longer opening hours
Please let us know what you think by completing the form below and sending to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the library where you can pick up a form.